Every year, the Whiskey Advocate Buying Guide‘s reviewers sip hundreds of samples of hooch and produce a comprehensive list of the very best bourbons, scotches, ryes, single-malts, blends and other top whiskeys on the market.
They take into consideration that many of the highest rated are often from ultra-rare limited releases, so the ones that make the top 20 must strike a balance between quality, value and availability.
Ranging in price from $60 to $160, every bottle below is affordable, obtainable and, most importantly, damn delicious. Cheers!
20. FUKANO 2017 EDITION
19. CHIVAS REGAL ULTIS
18. CROWN ROYAL NOBLE COLLECTION WINE BARREL FINISHED
17. THE MACALLAN DOUBLE CASK 12 YEAR OLD
16. TYRCONNELL 16 YEAR OLD
15. KENTUCKY PEERLESS STRAIGHT RYE
14. HIGH WEST CAMPFIRE
13. Sheep Dip Islay Blended Malt
12. REBEL YELL 10 YEAR OLD
11. LITTLE BOOK “THE EASY”
10. GLEN MORAY 18 YEAR OLD
9. BRUICHLADDICH ISLAY BARLEY 2010
8. TAMDHU BATCH STRENGTH 002
7. COMPASS BOX SPICE TREE EXTRAVAGANZA
6. ARDBEG AN OA
5. RAMPUR SELECT
4. LAGAVULIN 12 YEAR OLD (DIAGEO SPECIAL RELEASES 2017)
3. WILD TURKEY MASTER’S KEEP DECADES
2. GLENMORANGIE ASTAR 2017 RELEASE
1. ELIJAH CRAIG BARREL PROOF B517
h/t: Bro Bible